Cloud Hosting is based on Cloud computing technologies which provide hosting on virtual servers to allow an unlimited number of machines to act as one system. Cloud technology allows easy integration of extra resources e.g. hard-drive space & more RAM.
Overall Benefits of Cloud Hosting
- Highest level of website performance guaranteed by multiple machines
- Guaranteed server resources (CPU, RAM)
- Redundant data storage
- No single point of failure
- Website growth flexibility
- Lower pricing and generous features
- Hosted on virtual servers that pull resources from a pool of publicly available servers.
- The main differentiator between public and private clouds is that you aren’t responsible for any of the management of a public house solution.
- Also known as an internal or enterprise cloud, resides on company’s intranet or hosted data centre where all of your data is protected behind a firewall
- Private clouds are more suitable where security and privacy is more of a concern
- The main drawback people see with a private cloud is that all management, maintenance and updating of data centres is the responsibility of the company