Most organisations either don’t know, or severely underestimate, how much they spend on printing and managing documents.
Why run a print audit? The facts speak for themselves:
- Printing & document-related costs are typically within the top five expenses of most businesses;
- 17% of printing is completely wasted;
- Average user to device ratio is 3:1;
- Most organisations underestimate the cost of printing by over 50%;
- Most employees have no idea how much it costs to print or copy a document;
- One tree equates to only seven reams of paper;
- Actively managing printing & copying reduces costs by around 30%.
By understanding and quantifying your exact print and copy usage our print audit service can significantly lower the cost and environmental impact they have on your organisation.
The United approach to print audit is a simple, five-step process.
Full 30 - 60 day software audit
Allows us to collate all information relating to print jobs: Application, duplex, colour/mono, time of day, who printed, how much it cost, which devices we used and other key facts. Information is collected into a central database which is then exported to form the basis of our report.
Send out to as many staff as possible in different departments. Questions focus on an individual's job role, what functions they perform day to day and assess how efficient the processes are around their job functions and if anything can be improved.
Looks into current contract commitments, terms and conditions and billing. We examine how much is being charged for a managed contract but also how much is spent on unregulated toners and device replacements.
Utilising all the data, form a print and document strategy that supports the businesses goals, whether this is to reduce costs, become more effective or improve brand image.
Present report and recommendations
Finally we compile a report showing the relevant data and using the strategy as a basis to formulate our recommendations for your company.